axle Video, the pioneer in radically simple media management, today launched axle Drive, a revolutionary low-cost appliance designed for today’s media explosion. The system is available in three versions all offering:
• Expandable storage capacity
• Browser-based access to media from laptops, iPads, iPhones and Android devices
• Automatic creation of video, photo and PDF proxies
• Distinct administrator and user access levels and privileges
In addition to automatically creating browsable proxy versions of both media and still image files, axle’s user-friendly browser interface makes it very easy to search, catalog, tag and even subclip media files. Larry Jordan, an acclaimed expert in the video industry, recently purchased axle and blogged “when we organize our files and folders in the Finder, they’re immediately visible through Axle’s browser interface. In addition though, we can add comments, metadata and select information to axle, above and beyond the organization provided in the Finder. axle then lets you search everything from nearly any device.”
A music video showing axle in use can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/axledrive2 .
· axle Drive 4 – Holds about 200 hours of HD footage, or 10,000 hours of H.264 proxy media. 4 Terabytes of fully redundant (RAID1) usable storage with dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, and axle’s radically simple browser-based media management system. axle Drive 4 comes pre-loaded with sample selections of stock footage, audio and images from leading vendors, plus a year of knowledgebase and email support from axle Video. $1,995 / €1795.
· axle Drive 6 – Holds about 300 hours of HD footage, or 15,000 hours of H.264 proxy media. 6 Terabytes of fully redundant (RAID1) usable storage with dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, and axle’s radically simple browser-based media management system. axle Drive 6 comes pre-loaded with sample selections of stock footage, audio and images from leading vendors, plus a year of knowledgebase, email and phone support from axle Video. $2,995 / €2695.
December 1, 2014
Media Managed Storage Solutions from axle Video and QNAP Address Dramatic Growth of Video in Government
April 2, 2014
axle Video Media Management Solutions Demonstrated by New Partners Dell, Harmonic, IBM, Promise, and Qualstar at NAB 2014
October 15, 2013
Radical Grows Up - axle 2013 Software and Updated Gear Appliances Deliver 10x Asset Scale Increase, UI and Workflow Advances
March 27, 2013
axle Video and FilmPartners Announce Integrated Media Management/Pre-Editing/Editing Solution
March 7, 2013
axle Video Introduces axle Gear, Complete Solution for Media Management and Transcoding
December 10, 2012
axle Video Introduces axle 2012 -<2nd>Generation of Radically Simple Media Management Tool
September 20, 2012
axle Video to Show Radically Simple Media Asset Management Solution in U.S. Debut